This year, to tackle the fashion scene there are ten necessities that every girl needs. They are all simple basic articles of clothing that I think every girl should have. They are versatile and chic, and simply necessary.
- A fitted jacket, either a blazer or jean jacket. The choice is really up to you. I find that jean jackets tend to not fit me right, so I would go with a blazer. But if you think you would wear jean jackets more, get one of those. Go with whichever one you will get more use out of.
- A white shirt. It seems very simply and plain, but its a building block. I would have to go with either a white button down or a classic white t-shirt. Make sure the white button down isn’t see through, and if it is, remember to wear something under is besides your lacy unmentionables. As for the white t-shirt, go with a clingy fit, but not too tight. You don’t want to suffocate in it. Again, try to go as un-see-through as possible. Keep the neck cut basic, either V-neck or swoop neck.
- A turtleneck sweater. As much as people usually don’t wear them, I love them. If you’d rather go more fashion forward, a basic sweater will suffice. Go for something plain, not patterns or fancy studs. Go with a versatile color as well. Either black, white, or gray.
- A black skirt. Pencil skirts are a little adult for the high school hallways, so I would go with a tube skirt. Just make sure that it is long enough so that you don’t get in trouble with the dress code. Also keep in mind that they ride up easily when you walk up and down stairs, so don’t cut it too close. If you don’t feel comfortable in such a tight skirt, high-low skirts are THE hot thing right now, so that works too. Just go with a black skirt that you like and will wear.
- A coat. Whether you go with a gray pea coat, or a leather jacket. Make sure you get something versatile that you feel comfortable in.
- A plaid button down. They are incredibly comfy, and so cute. I also find they’re incredibly easy to match. They look fantastic with a pair of jeans, and if you’re feeling daring, you can tie it at the waist, wearing it with a black tube skirt, and a pair of ballet flats.
- Boots. Heeled or not, ankle or knee, just find a pair you like that you are comfortable walking in. And again, remember that versatility is the main thing in shoes.
- A statement piece of jewelry that you make your own. Something different that you like and you will wear. It could be a necklace passed down from family members, or a bangle bracelet that you found in a thrift shop.
- A sweater dress. I love sweater dresses. They are so cute and insanely comfortable. Dress it up or keep it simple, whatever you feel comfortable in.
- A bag or purse. Every girl needs the perfect piece to carry all her necessities in. Keep it simple with either brown or black, which ever one you wear more often. If you wear them both, gray works as well. Remember, you can always DIY it as well. If there’s a bag with cute embellishments that you can’t live without, you can always get the plain bag and do the embellishing yourself. I got a gray back pack with a purple floral pattern on it, but it wasn’t “me” enough. So, I g0t some yarn and sewed LOVE into the back of it.
So there are your cardinal ten. And always remember that you can find all of these at stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls. And if not there, there are endless websites online where you can find everything on sale. Half the time you can find the perfect price for cheaper online, plus you can always find coupons online.