Summer is here, and that is a great opportunity to invest in a few cute evening dresses for those summer nights out with friends and family. This summer is all about trapeze dresses, bright patterns and colors, and vintage looks. Here are five adorable summer dresses that won’t break the bank. Get a cute little jacket to pair with them and you may even be able to wear them well into the autumn.
1) Sleeveless cotton dress in yellow – One of my favorite colors to wear in summer is yellow. It’s light, airy and flattering. This cute cotton dress is under $40 and is modest enough for a family occasion or the work place. You can pair it with an off white sweater if you prefer your shoulders covered. This dress will do well at an evening garden party, or at a fancy dinner.
2) Women’s Jersey Tank Maxi Dress – A maxi dress is an amazingly flattering summer dress that can be dressed to as evening wear or dressed down for the beach. Pair this adorable maxi dress from Old Navy with a sparkly, chunky belt and some big pieces of jewelry to get an evening look. Add a pair of flattering pumps and you are all ready for an evening gala.
3) Trapeeze Cami Dress – I admit if I had my way I would wear long, flowy bohemian dresses all day, every day. This is the perfect example of the kind of dress I love. It also manages to have a low Forever 21 price tag, but looks beautiful and has a flow to it that looks like a million bucks. I love the pattern of this dress and it could work for a more formal event, but also looks simply stunning at your next music festival.
4) Sleeveless lace sheath dress – I love shopping at Nordstrom’s, but I don’t love the prices. That’s why I love that Nordstrom’s Rack now offers some great deals. That’s where I found this adorable red number from Maggy London. It is on sale for under $50 and will certainly turn heads at your next evening event. It is also available in black, but really, if you dare, go red.
5) Green and Blue Printed High Low Dress – This adorable number from Wyatt is available heavily discounted on Bluefly.com. It is great, summary dresses that will make you stand out a wedding, graduation or any other summer evening event. The high low hemline will allow you to show a bit of leg while still dressing appropriately for a more formal function.