I admit, these days I don’t shop at Forever 21 much. In fact, I wouldn’t have gone in there at all, but my teenage nieces were with me and they wanted to take a look. I was surprised, as I browsed, how many inexpensive pieces were suitable for work. I ended up buying a few things for myself and ended up expanding my work wardrobe, without spending a lot of money. Here were a few of my finds:
1) Adorable, Cozy Single Button Blazer – This simple little jacket is under $20, but if your work style is work casual, you can easily make this blazer work for you. Pair it with a simple white blouse and a cute skirt and you will be ready for the office. This blazer is rather thin, so don’t count on it looking the same as a traditional blazer, but it still looks professional.
2) Sequined Metallic Tweed skirt – Don’t let the name scare you off. This skirt, if paired properly, can still fit in well in an office setting, and transition to a night out afterwards. Because of its coloring, you can easily throw on a black blazer and look like you stepped out of a Mad Men episode.
3) Pleated Dress – This white tweed dress is gorgeous, and paired with a blazer a very professional, office friendly look for under $30 for the dress alone. It is a bit short, so you may want to add a pair of leggings to the outfit if you plan on wearing it in the office. The unique metallic undertone does not take away from the look, and it transitions easily from a day at the office to a night at the club, just ditch the blazer.
4) Skinny Sailor Pants – These adorable black pants make a nice casual look, but are also flattering and formal enough to work well for office wear. I wear a lot of black to the office, so I have a lot of looks that can easily mix and match with these pants. Plus they sell for under $25, which means you have money left over to spend on accessories to make your outfit really shine.
5) Pin-tucked button down blouse – Forever 21’s blouses are where you can really make some great finds. This blouse is the one that suits my body type best, but there are plenty to choose from, and with a price tag of $15-$30 you cannot really go wrong.