Full brows are a new trend that is sweeping over the nation. If you are like me, you are both blessed and cursed with thin brows. Sure, when thin brows are in its great because we hardly have to pluck, but right now, not so lucky. The solution is far easier than you would think. All you need is a brow pencil, and brow gel if you like. Thin and patchy brows are a thing of the past, within five minutes you will have the full brows of your dreams.
- Maybelline Brow Precise brow shaping pencil
- Maybelline Brow Drama sculpting brow mascara
- Additional brow brushes
- Start with a clean face and if you usually use it, apply your foundation. If you use foundation, make sure your brows don’t have any in them.
- Using a sharp brow pencil start from the very end tip of your eyebrows and gently trace the bottom of your brow all the way to the other tip of it. If you have sections of your brow that are full and dark you can skip over them. You don’t want to have one section of your brow being far darker than the others.
- Now gently fill in the patchy parts of your eyebrows using short hair like strokes. I fill in the start of my brow, the arch, and the end of my brow. I try not to touch the center because it is the darkest part of my brow. You only want to make your brows as dark as the darkest part of them.
- Using the brush end of your pencil blend out your brush strokes. Go up and out with your brush strokes. You don’t want your brows to just suddenly start so brush the front of your brows out carefully so it fades a bit.
- Using the brow mascara, take one swipe going against your hairs, and then brush them back down. That will give them a bit more body and fullness. Be sure your brush is clean of clumps though or your brows will be crunchy.
- If you feel as though you have too much mascara on your brows take an additional brow brush once your brows are dry and carefully brush out your brows, going both with the hair and against them to make your brows larger.
- Clean up around the edges with a Q-Tip.
I like the Maybelline brow pencil because the brush it comes with works so well. It has a bit more gaps in it than most brushes, so it creates a nice hair like texture. If you want your brows to be extra big looking you can overdraw them and then tone them down as you need with a Q-Tip.