Baby, it’s cold outside! One way to keep warm this winter, plus make a fashion statement, is to invest in several hats. Skull caps, berets, and even cowboy hats have all made a comeback in recent years, and women of all ages have jumped on the hat “bandwagon.” Although I don’t advise that you choose a two feet tall Philip Treacy hat like Sarah Jessica Parker wore in early November, many women can successfully wear a deconstructed fedora, as seen on many stars this season, including Blake Lively.
Here are some of the best options this winter:
1. Skull Cap – These cute knit caps compliment almost any face shape, and because they aren’t bulky, they won’t overwhelm facial features. Check out Target’s cashmere version – under $20.00.
2. Deconstructed Fedora – These hats offer relaxed style. Never fussy, they suggest grace and class. CarolAnn Wachter offers several versions at exclusive locations across the US, including Barneys NY, Chicago, and Beverly Hills; however, knock-offs can be bought for a fraction of the cost of designer versions.
3. Beret – The “jaunty” beret continues to be a staple that never seems to go out of fashion. You may remember seeing Kourtney Kardashian pair a beret with a black and red poncho. This winter there are fur, sweater, and even sequin versions available. The beret compliments any hair length, which may be its best feature. Check out stores such as Urban Outfitters and Nordstrom for especially cute versions.
4. Baseball – If you need to run to the store, or if you have an impromptu get-together with friends at the local coffee shop with no time to wash your hair, brush your locks into a ponytail, toss on a baseball cap and go! Learn a lesson from the stars, adding just one perfect accessory can make any outfit stand out. Especially popular are the navy blue New York Yankee caps.
5. Cadet – Want something a little more formal than a baseball hat? Then a cadet hat may be for you. These cute hats amp up your style with a small front bill and a structured top. The Prana Catalina Organic Cadet Hat is reasonably priced at $28.00 on Zappos, and it can take you from a walk around the museum to the cocktail hour with ease.
6. Cowboy – Cowboy hats always make a splash. Recently on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, the stars have been seen wearing the straw and the crushable felt varieties. Pair the hat with a fitted plaid shirt, tight jeans, and cowgirl boots, and you will be sure to draw attention to your unique and current style.
No matter your age, your face shape, or hair style, there’s a hat for you this season. The six styles above merely hint at the sheer number of hats available from retailers today. Make it a point to invest in a few of these up-to-the-minute accessories, and you won’t regret it. You’ll be a bit warmer, and you will be a lot more stylish to boot!