All women love to feel beautiful. This is especially true when they attend special occasions, such as weddings, graduations, and holiday parties. No matter a woman’s age, no matter her size, anyone can shine beautifully at a party if she wears the right outfit.
I’ve showcased several perfect plus sized party outfits below. Try one of these looks (or all of them) this fall.
1. A dress with a peplum waist looks great on an hourglass figure. Pick this style of dress in an eye popping color, red for instance, and wear with a pair of sassy heels. Finish the look with a statement necklace.
Follow this link to see this style dress. The best part: this particular dress is less than $23.
2. Wide leg pants (aka palazzo pants) have made a roaring comeback this year. Unlike some styles of pants that are unforgiving, wide legs flatter all shapes and sizes. Choose black silk or even lace covered versions for a special occasion. Complete the look with a fancy top. For example, plain black bottoms look gorgeous when paired with a sequined top!
3. To amp up the style of your favorite little black dress, while at the same time saving money, you only need to add a dazzling bolero jacket. Because it’s not really cold out yet, a light coverup works wonders to take away any chill from the air.
I especially love a scalloped edged bolero. It’s flirty and fun. Follow this link to see this up to the minute party piece available at Dress Barn.
4. Some suggest that plus sized women shouldn’t wear stripes; I disagree. I actually love the latest style of stripes, those that are a little off kilter. This cool variety of stripes work wonders on a plus sized woman, as they lead the eye towards her curves. Unlike traditional horizontal stripes, lines that are random do not “cut a woman in half.”
Check out this gorgeous dress to see what I mean. I adore the combination of sheer and opaque stripes. They really shout “party!” All you need to add to this outfit is a quality pair of heels.
5. Long dresses continue to hold their own when it comes to party attire, plus women of all sizes look absolutely beautiful in an ankle length dress that has been fitted to her specific frame. (Remember, no dragging hems or sagging waists).
Consider purchasing a long dress that has a lace overlay AND a bit of shimmer in the fabric. I can guarantee that the other guests will be wowed by your impeccable sense of style.
These five suggestions only hint at the sheer variety of plus sized party wear available for purchase this fall. Unlike ten, or even five, years ago, manufacturers have finally started to acknowledge that all women like to look and feel beautiful at special events…even those of us who have a little more to love!