Shop Smarter with Coupons
by Erin Edwards | March 16th, 2011 | Shopping Secrets
- First of all, no matter what coupons you get, you have to shop strategically. For that, you need to see which grocery and department stores have items on sale that match up with your coupons and the items you need.
- Grab each and every coupon you get. Whether it’s from the newspaper, magazines, grocery store flyers, on the back of your grocery receipt, or the Internet. Every coupon is valuable; even if you have more than 1 coupon for the same item.
- One of the easiest and helpful coupon shopping secrets is to sort out your coupons. Keep separate envelopes for perishable and household items. You can further categorize them if you like for easier transactions.
- Keep an eye on the special offers available at your favorite grocery and department stores. You can stack these offers with the coupons you have to save a lot more.
- While making the list of items to purchase, keep the items that can be bought with the coupons higher on the list. That way you know which items you need, and can find coupons for them. Or if you can wait, purchase the non-coupon items later when there is a better deal.
- Get an email account that you can use to register for online coupons. This way, you can register at various sites (of the products which you shop or need the most) and can print out the coupons.
- Check which grocery and department stores double or triple the value of 1 coupon. This way, instead of saving, $1 or $1.99, you save twice the amount.
- Always check to see if the store you are shopping at also offers store coupons that can be combined with manufactures’ coupons for even more savings.
- Grab on to the mail-in rebate coupons. They may make you pay upfront, but this system is very useful over time.
- Household items like toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, detergent, etc., can be bought in bulk. It’s called stockpiling. This way, till the next time you go shopping or a good opportunity comes, you have enough stock to use. Plus, they have a good shelf life, so you can purchase them beforehand.
- When an item is on a good sale, but may be out of stock, immediately get a rain check. This way you won’t have waste your valuable coupon and can use it once the item is back in stock.