We all have that color that we love so much that we have three t-shirts in that color. Well, now you can redesign one of those shirts into a flirty open backed t-shirt. This shirt is cute and easy to wear, not to mention it takes about half an hour tops to make. Plus, it does not require sewing! For this you will need a fitted t-shirt and scissors.
- Start by cutting the neck out of your t-shirt
- Cut slits in the back of the shirt about a quarter inch to half an inch apart. Try to keep them an even length apart and centered in the back of the shirt. To make this easier you can fold the shirt so it is folded in half down the center of the back and the center of the front. Open up the shirt and have it lying flat on its side so it folds down the middle and not on the shoulders. Be sure not to cut the front of the t-shirt.
- Cut the slits about halfway or a third of the way down the shirt having the slits getting smaller and smaller as you go down so it creates a U shape or a V shape.
- Once you have all the slits cut and the back of your shirt is made of straps, stretch out all of the straps a bit.
- Now go up the top and take the strap second from the top and pull it up under the top strap and then back down into its spot.
- Do this to all the straps. Take the third strap down and wrap it up and under the second. When you do this you should be taking the lower of the two straps and going up and behind the other strap, and then pulling it back down. Do not pull the straps in front of the other strap.
- When you get back down to the last strap there are a few options as to how to tie it off. If you are handy with a needle and thread you can sew it so it stays, but the easier way to do it is to just cut the strap in half and knot it around the other strap so it stays.
This shirt is great and versatile. You can wear it out and about or to the beach over a bathing suit. It is chic, comfy, and very easy to make.